Distribution & E-ticketing
As airlines evolve business models and commercial relationships, so the need to expand distribution strategies will be considered. Quiet often, the decision to move into new areas will require the implementation of upgraded systems and processes. Staffing may also have to be reviewed, as the necessary skills to support new distribution channels may not be available within the current organisation.
We have worked with our client airlines in reviewing distribution strategies, and implementing various new distribution and payment channels.
Where a distribution strategy review has required the upgrade of an airline’s entire Passenger Management System (PMS), PROLOGIS has lead clients through the complete RFP process, and followed up with project managing the subsequent system implementation.
For our customers that are users of Navitaire’s New Skies system, we have provided extensive support to projects involving their new E-Ticketing product suite.
Our team at PROLOGIS can guide you through the various options that may be open to your airline. We can help you identify the drivers for new distribution channels, and also ensure that you are getting the best usage from your current strategies. We can also support you with the preparation of business cases, as you identify your preferred options.
Areas for consideration may include:
- GDS – Deciding the best solutions for the markets in which you operate
- Related IATA Products – Will IATA products such as BSP / ARC / Clearing House be required to support new channels
- Payment Channels – Looking at your key markets, are there additional payment channels that can be considered, such as E-Wallets, and solutions that link directly to customer bank accounts
- Codeshare and Interline – What airline partnership options are available
- E-Ticketing – Will it be necessary to implement an E-Ticketing solution to support airline partnerships; should this be in house, or would an outsourced option be worthwhile
|CASE STUDY – TRANSAVIA.COM IMPLEMENTATION OF CODESHARE|
Innovative Dutch carrier transavia.com recently launched a codeshare partnership with the national airline, KLM. Five transavia.com destinations in Italy and Spain were to be offered initially as part of through journeys, connecting at Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport to the entire KLM network. The flights were to be made available for sale via all KL’s distribution channels. Read more
Do you have any questions or would you like more information? We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact: Gerd Pontius