Jetstar, the fastest growing value based carrier in the Asia/Pacific region, started the migration from their Open Skies ® reservation system, which they used since start up in 2004, to New Skies ® in late 2007.
As the Jetstar group, consisting of Jetstar Australia, Jetstar Asia (based in Singapore) and Jetstar Pacific (based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam), is serving a large and heterogeneous market, the requirements of the reservation system are very complex. As an example, Jetstar is offering international connecting flights (self operated and in code share partnerships) with checked through passengers and luggage.
During the critical project phase leading to cutover PROLOGIS was responsible for the implementation management of the two Jetstar sister networks Jetstar Asia and Jetstar Pacific. This task included:
- Integration of the two carriers in the overall project plan, considering specialities of the according region and market.
- Management of user acceptance testing, including creation of test cases allowing for the uniqueness of the business processes of the two airlines.
- Design of specific system set up and leading of process changes for optimized processes based on the new system
- Support of users in system handling and issue resolution throughout the project
- Communication with the system provider as well as interfaces within the Jetstar group
Furthermore PROLOGIS was responsible for API development support of third parties connected to the New Skies ® system.
- The involvement of PROLOGIS with the subsidiaries gave the project management of the parent the resources to focus on the management of the groups’ migration.
- Due to the intensive communication with the partner carriers their integration into the project was smooth and successful, despite the differences in culture and market requirements.
- Thanks to the extensive system knowledge of PROLOGIS, issues and questions could be resolved quickly, and in many cases lead to improvements over previous business processes.